Sunday, October 21, 2012

Classic Jell-O Poke Cake

Have you ever been on Pinterest and pinned the most EPIC-looking desserts on the planet?  Then, you decide to be bold enough to *GASP* try to make one only to find out--eh--it's "too much."  I honestly feel like the simple recipes are the great recipes, and that's what this is...a simple recipe.  This recipe has been around for generations, and I can still remember going to my grandma's house in Stockton and eating this cake.  It's simple.  It's delicious.  It's home.

Ingredients:

1 box of white cake mix
1 box jello (any flavor--strawberry is the best IMO)
1 1/2 cups boiling water

Frosting:
1 tub Cool Whip
1 box instant vanilla pudding


Directions:
Bake white cake as directed on box.  Once baked, take out of oven to let cool (5-10 minutes).  While the cake is cooling, boil 1 1/2 cups of water.  Add jello mix to water and mix well.  Poke "holes" into the white cake.  You can use a fork or the butt of a wooden spoon (I do both!).  Pour jello liquid over white cake.  Cover and refrigerate until COMPLETELY cooled.  (I'd say about 3-4 hours).  Frost with frosting recipe above  OR just frost with whip cream only.  It's completely up to you! I usually do just whip cream only, but in this super old cookbook I have the recipe calls for the frosting recipe above.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment